Sunday, June 26, 2011

Enjoy the goodness of vegetables from home garden

When I started in the garden I have a rookie mistake. I had no grand plan, plant and had no experience, so I planted tomato plants. I had always heard that they were easy to raise. I planted eight. At the same time. If the tomatoes do not ripen I knew I wanted to start. I have collected them quickly as I could and took them into work and gave them to neighbors. In fact, I let the door close. I made a liter of tomatoSalsa. I made a liter of homemade salsa. I ate dozens of tomato sandwiches. I learned a good lesson. The next year I planted four tomato plants. I also planted three weeks away. In this way, when they came in they find it much easier. I made tomato sauce, tomato sauce and ate delicious sandwiches, but there was no panic, to use quickly. I used the extra space in my garden to plant bean pole.

I still garden. Right now my garden isTomatoes, green beans, carrots, zucchini and cucumbers. The green beans are our favorite vegetables. We grow both pole and bush varieties, and we have enjoyed in many ways.

Pressure Cooker

The best part of growing up with green beans in the garden is the ability to pick and eat them right off the vine. We want to use a variety of ways to keep them. We can freeze so that we enjoy in the coming months. It 'very easy to freeze the beans, you do not need specialEquipment. Simply rinse the beans, drain and cut off the ends and cut to desired length. The beans are then boiled for 3 minutes, then placed in ice water to cool. Put them in a zip-lock bag, or use a food saver and you're done. The beans will last up to 18 months in the freezer.

We want the beans. Canning them is a little 'more complicated and needs some equipment, but the beans take up to five years. You need a pressure cooker, pots andCoverage. The jars and lids must be sterilized. I do this in my dishwasher with the sterilization cycle. How to remove the freeze, wash, cut the ends and the green beans to desired length. Add the liquid in the glass with you all the flavors and then set in the pressure cooker according to the manufacturer's indications. I remember the first time I baked beans have been a bit 'worried. I followed the instructions and it turned out well. Now you add different flavors,Glasses can. We like things like dill and garlic.

Along with canning and freezing, green beans I like trying new recipes. I learned that I can enjoy fresh and tender young beans, raw or blanched quickly in only many different types of salads. I did not realize how cold green bean salad recipes here. Very tasty salad is a cold, feta cheese and pecans are. Another includes lemon and celery. It's fresh salads, side dishes are also perfect for acookout. Some of my recipes work best with the beans for a long time together with the spices, as the greek and Armenian Green Beans Fassoulia Court, a mixture of meat and beans are cooked.

I like all aspects of growing beans. Can I plant the seed, plant care, harvesting of beans and freeze them and enjoy them in recipes.

Enjoy the goodness of vegetables from home garden

electric recliner lift chair tuscan bronze bath accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment